Thursday, March 08, 2007

Stone-Dolar Debate Scheduled?

There is an unconfirmed report that Ald. Stone and Naisy Dolar will debate on March 21st at 7:30. Dolar's website has yet to issue a News Release for this, which is surprising. And Stone may still not show up, which would surprise no one.

UPDATE:
Details (from link above):
Date: Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Time: 7:00 - 9:00pm (doors open at 7:00pm, event begins promptly at 7:30pm)
Location: Daniel Boone Elementary School Auditorium, 6710 N. Washtenaw, Chicago

The forum will be moderated by Thom Clark from Community Media Workshop. The event is sponsored by the West Rogers Park Community Organization and co-sponsored by Organization of the Northeast. For more information, call (773) 761-8274 or send an e-mail to questions@wrpco.org.

Labels:

71 Comments:

At March 08, 2007 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alderman Bernard Stone and Candidate Naisy Dolar have both agreed to participate in a second Aldermanic Candidates Forum (hosted by WRPCO). The event will be held on Wednesday, March 21 at 7:30pm.

 
At March 08, 2007 9:41 AM, Anonymous willow9 said...

I can hardly wait, I'm marking my calendar right now. Thanks anonymous.

 
At March 08, 2007 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why dont you do a littte researc before you start blasting and blaming Stone. The tone of your posts are getting more and more arrogant.

 
At March 08, 2007 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fact that Stone lied about debating before makes the question of him really showing up a legitimate point. Sounds like Jay has done his research. Bravo!

 
At March 08, 2007 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't trust Stone as far as you could throw him. If we can't blame him for all that's wrong in the 50th, who can you blame? He's the alderman. He deserves every bit of the blame.

 
At March 08, 2007 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blame yourself. You can only get done what you ask for and some things are out of the Aldermans hands. The Alderman does not control other departments. His office can write service requests but they do not perform the work. Will Dolar do the work herself. I think not. Will Dolar change the way other departments work I think Not!! The blame falls on other people.

 
At March 08, 2007 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stone never lied about debating before. He said he didn’t want to get in the ring with 3 fighters. He would debate 1 on 1 which im sure he is looking forward to the debate with dolar. Too many lies coming from her campaign as well as from dolar herself. Being she lived in the ward all her life??? Yea rite. On the Local School Council Yea rite not even a year. Jumped on the wagon just before announcing running for election. Where has she been all these years if she was so concerned about education? What Community organization has she attended?? Yes she worked in the Mayors office with a staff of HERSELF. LOL

 
At March 08, 2007 11:57 AM, Blogger Jay said...

The argument that the alderman is impotent is one of the Stone sycophant's most rabid defenses. Sure, we understand that Ald. Stone can't do anything. All the reason for a change. Let's elect an alderman who CAN actually do something! Let's elect an alderman who can make the city bureaucracy work for him/her! Let's elect someone who can do the job and doesn't have a handful of excuses for why he fails.

Stone is not up to the job. We get that. Time for a change, my friend. Time for a change.

 
At March 08, 2007 11:59 AM, Blogger Jay said...

The link to the WRPCO events calendar is in the post. No need to repeat it, I think.

 
At March 08, 2007 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
You can't trust Stone as far as you could throw him. If we can't blame him for all that's wrong in the 50th, who can you blame? He's the alderman. He deserves every bit of the blame.

March 08, 2007 11:22 AM



So The great Chicago fire was also his fault? Certain issues are beyond the Aldermans control. On this blog it should be called balameeverytningonstone.com

Just this morning the blog read he has refused to debate. Now that is Author was informed there is a debate, the blog has been admended to just show that he might not show up.

Blaming without proof, blaming without connection is the way the post go here.
Stone send himself hate which must be true but Brewer stealing his own signs cant be true as a prime example of the double talk.

If any of hese charges were in a court case or lawsuit. Stone not only would win on summary judgement but have the plantiff paying his legal fees for such a frivilious claim.

 
At March 08, 2007 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can hardly be shocked that people are surprised Stone will debate. I can't think of the last time that Stone appeared in public to take questions from the commnity. Jay being sceptical that Stone will show makes sense given Stone's history. He usually hides behind his "experts" up there in his office. Stone being so out of touch with the community is a key issue in this election.

 
At March 08, 2007 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Willow9
Please dont drive too fast over those speed bumps, we wouldnt want you to miss it. Maybe you should walk!!

 
At March 08, 2007 12:58 PM, Anonymous Bewildered said...

Anybody know why the Stone supporters are so mean?

 
At March 08, 2007 2:03 PM, Anonymous pragmatist said...

"Anybody know why the Stone supporters are so mean?"

because it's cheap and easy and gets the job done.

 
At March 08, 2007 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) Could someone here tell me what dolar could really debate about?
2) Could someone tell me the (bs) bad services dolar would change?
3) Could someone tell me how dolar will change the school system?
4) Could someone tell me how dolar will build a bridge into a parking lot with traffic?
5) Could someone tell me how dolar will make other departments work faster?
6) Could someone tell me why dolar didn’t get involved in the local school council years ago?
7) Could someone tell me why dolar never got involved in any community meetings before running for alderman?
8) If Dolar lived in the ward all these years as she says, why didn’t she get involved years ago??

These are just a few questions unanswered among many. Seems pretty lame to me and im sure other people feel the same way. I hope someone could at least answer 1 of these questions.

 
At March 08, 2007 3:27 PM, Anonymous willow9 said...

To 2:47 post:

I cannot answer all those questions but Naisy Dolar can. Before the upcoming forum (on 3/21) begins, question cards will be collected from the audience. Feel free to attend the forum, write down your questions/concerns and listen to her response. Since some of your questions may not be addressed due to the 90 minute time frame, feel free to stop by Naisy's campaign headquarters located at 2742 w. Touhy ave.:)

 
At March 08, 2007 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are supporting dolar as well as campaigning for her , so I thought you would have at least 1 answer. That's pretty PATHETIC considering all you have done is bashed our existing Alderman and tried to dig up negative about him. How can you go out on the street campaigning for Dolar without knowing the facts about her. All we her is she is the best candidate for the job.She will be the best alderman. That's a joke if you cant back up your comments or answer 1 simple question.YOU have said in a blog BS, yet never said what bad service. Have you asked dolar how she will change the service NOT!! Otherwise you would have at least answered that question. LOL

 
At March 08, 2007 4:15 PM, Anonymous willow9 said...

To constant LOL:

Don't you think that the best, most honest answers will come from Naisy rather than one of her supporters? While I would love to answer some of your questions, I love even more, the element of surprise. See you at the forum.

 
At March 08, 2007 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.suntimes.com/pcds/html/stng/hs/isat/rank_chicago_elementary.html

As long at Stone supporters are being accused of thrown around false charges, I attached a list of the 50 top Chicago elementary school based on the suntimes anaylsis from recent test scores. I dont see the DECATUR CLASSICAL ELEM SCHOOL on this list were a certain Canidate for Alderman sits on the local school counsel.

 
At March 08, 2007 4:52 PM, Anonymous Jim in Chicago said...

I would not blame Stone for the 1871 Chicago Fire (even though I think he was around at the time): It didn't start in the 50th Ward.

 
At March 08, 2007 4:56 PM, Anonymous Jim in Chicago said...

I've been thinking about the whole "Lived in the ward her whole life" or "30 years" thing. Is it really a question of dishonsety or just convenient shorthand? For example, I could easily say I've lived in Chicago my entire adult life. Although if I were being scrupulously accurate, I would have to say I've lived in Chicago all but 2 years of my adult life (since I'm over 40, that 2 years represents well under 10% of my maturity). Is that a distinction really worth noting?

 
At March 08, 2007 4:59 PM, Anonymous willow9 said...

To LOL:
What are the false charges?
What is your point?

 
At March 08, 2007 6:21 PM, Anonymous willow9 said...

P.S. Can you read?


RANKINGS: TOP 50 STATE ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS*
Based on third- to fifth-grade 2006 ISATs. For more information, see how we ranked the schools »
RANK PERCENTILE SCHOOL CITY DISTRICT
1 0.9267 Decatur Classical Elem Magnet Chicago Chicago Dist 299
2 0.9248 Lenart Elem Regional Gifted Ctr Chicago Chicago Dist 299
3 0.9110 Edison Elem Regional Gifted Cntr Chicago Chicago Dist 299

 
At March 08, 2007 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Willow9
I am a resident of the 50th Ward for 28 years; I guess I just don’t understand why someone would canvass for a candidate without knowing the facts about her or being able to answer a simple question about them. Here is an example. You ring a doorbell and a person asks why did Dolar recently get involved in the community when she supposedly lived here for 30 years?? This is a good question , which you should have the answer for. Seems you are trying to do as much research as you can on our existing alderman maybe you should research the candidate as well. For instance how many employees has she had under her? From my understanding she was in charge of herself !! How long has she served on the Local School Council? Again why did she join recently. Just to look good for her campaign??

 
At March 08, 2007 6:48 PM, Anonymous helpful hints for candidates said...

If your opponent does something you should have done yourself, criticize him/her for not doing it sooner.

 
At March 08, 2007 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

RANK PERCENTILE SCHOOL
1 0.8485 Edgebrook Elem
2 0.8360 Oriole Park Elem
3 0.7769 Bell Elem
4 0.7373 Lincoln Elem
5 0.7168 Norwood Park Elem
6 0.6950 Blaine Elem
7 0.6838 Beaubien Elem
8 0.6730 Burley Elem
9 0.6718 Solomon Elem
10 0.6640 Sauganash Elem
11 0.6628 Ebinger Elem
12 0.6343 Earhart Elem Opt For Knowl
13 0.6306 Wildwood Elem
14 0.6160 Orozco Elem Fine Arts & Sciences
15 0.6122 Canty Elem
16 0.6115 Courtenay Elem Language Arts Ctr
17 0.6051 Washington G Elem
18 0.5922 Rogers Elem
19 0.5897 Garvy J Elem
20 0.5884 Chicago Academy Elem
21 0.5858 Prussing Elem
22 0.5832 Onahan Elem
23 0.5793 Bridge Elem
24 0.5747 Jamieson Elem
25 0.5701 Ogden Elem
26 0.5609 Dirksen Elem
27 0.5511 Clissold Elem
28 0.5471 Smyser Elem
29 0.5405 Greeley Elem
30 0.5352 Healy Elem
31 0.5292 Chopin Elem
32 0.5286 Alcott Elem
33 0.5239 Farnsworth Elem
33 0.5239 South Loop Elem
35 0.5226 Haines Elem
36 0.5206 Sutherland Elem
37 0.5160 Lyon Elem
38 0.5126 Ray Elem
39 0.5100 Kellogg Elem
40 0.5073 Pritzker Elem
41 0.5047 Peterson Elem
42 0.5027 Hibbard Elem
43 0.5000 Hamilton Elem
43 0.5000 Zapata Elem Academy
45 0.4980 Carnegie Elem
46 0.4960 Volta Elem
47 0.4940 Dever Elem
48 0.4914 Peirce Elem Intl Studies
49 0.4900 Kilmer Elem
50 0.4854 Gray Elem


This is the list I am talking about, but now I see the difference. I forgot that Decatur is not a neighborhood school, it a magnet school.

This play even better as now we can charge that a certain Aldermanic canidate say she is the communinity representative on a LSC tht does not relect the community as kids are selected from a vity wide lottery or interviews/Test scorers. Or wait no from a LSC on a school that discriminates on its admission.

Now I would never say/ nor do I believe for one momemt that given the canidates backround but just putting out there opens a can of worms just like the issue that Stone change the zoning law to help his "Friends".

Just what seems to be on every post on this blog about Stone.

 
At March 09, 2007 7:16 AM, Anonymous willow9 said...

LOL...You're grasping for straws, and it's obvious. So is your poor grammar. Did you even finish elementary school?

 
At March 09, 2007 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually I went way beyond grammer school. However, typing is not a strong point.

However grasping at straws, you seem to miss the point. All over this blog there are statement which are opinions not facts but passed along as facts. Every blog entry accuse Stone or his supports of charge after charge. Never was one back up with evidence.

On top of that the level insults in this campaign is flat out of character for this ward. However it only started after the campaign started. I place that blame on Brewer and Dolar. I saw no level of these insults in 2004, 2005 or early 2006.

Just like this posting Stone has never debated. Well he did in 2003 against guy names Morris. Who by the way never filed his campaign finacial forms and was one step ahead of a person trying to re-possess his car on election day in 2003.
JS in the first posting onthis issue said Stone won't debate and now says Stone may not show up. Bias, Bias, Bias.

The nme of this blog should be blameeverythingonstone.com. If fact I will be glad to buy the domain name for JS if he willuse it.

 
At March 09, 2007 8:31 AM, Anonymous less excuses more service said...

Stone is the alderman so if you can't blame him for the problems of the ward who should we blame, the residents. The only buck that stops with Stone is the money from the developers he has enriched with our TIF dollars. Time for Berny to take credit for the 50th ward being last in city services.

 
At March 09, 2007 8:54 AM, Blogger Hugh said...

Apologists for Chicago alderman do this amusing dance.

For the good stuff, the incumbent is a man of great accomplishment, who knows how to get things done, a little mayor. He single-handedly builds schools and parks.

For the bad stuff, City departments don't report to him, some things the alderman has no control over.

 
At March 09, 2007 8:57 AM, Blogger Hugh said...

> On top of that the level insults in this campaign is flat out of character for this ward.

Insult are an integral part of Stone's style.

Stone called fellow alderman Luis Guttierez a "little pipsqueak" on the floor of Council chambers.

Stone called his colleague Joe Moore "Robin Hood."

Stone called his constituent Greg Brewer a "schmuck."

Stone called a constituent who called his office with ward issues a "whiner."

 
At March 09, 2007 9:46 AM, Anonymous willow9 said...

>Every blog entry accuse Stone or his supports of charge after charge. Never was one back up with evidence.

Like Stone's fraudulent Thillens claim...

>On top of that the level insults in this campaign is flat out of character for this ward.

I find Stone's frequent use of profanity, and flagrant temper in city council meetings and interviews embarassing. I am ashamed to be represented by him.

 
At March 09, 2007 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WILLOW/WENDY I'M ASHAMED TO LIVE IN THE SAME NEIGHBORHOOD AS A HATE-DRIVEN LIAR LIKE YOU--YOUR LIFE IS FOCUSED ON A PERSONAL HATRED OF STONE'S FAMILY AND YOU'RE USING THE CAMPAIGN AS YOUR VEHICLE TO ACT OUT YOUR ANIMOSITY--
AND BEFORE YOU MAKE FALSE CHARGES WHO I AM ---I AM A 55YR.OLD MALE,BOONE ALUMNI(CLASS OF 1964) AND MATHER ALUMNI(CLASS OF 1968),U.S.ARMY VETERAN AND LIVE IN THE WARD I GREW UP IN ----THE 50TH WARD!!

 
At March 09, 2007 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope Stone sticks to his promise and debates Dolar. It will be a good show certain to energize Dolar supporters. But will it influence other voters?

Stone will be facing an audience that already opposes him, so he has nothing to lose. Dolar already has the anyone-but-Berny vote, so she has nothing to gain.

The format actually favors Stone: both candidates seated the entire time; no real debate, just two candidates taking turns answering questions. It looks like the yes/no "lightning round" has been dropped this time, so Stone won't be asked "If re-elected, will you continue to take illegal kick-backs?" or "will you continue to support corruption in city government by opposing the Shackman decree?" Unless he falls asleep or accuses the entire audience of being anti-semitic, he'll look about as good as he can, which I admit isn't very good. But he won't look so bad that it makes a difference.

 
At March 09, 2007 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Willow9
It seems you keep bashing Stone and evading my question. Can you pleas answer these simple questions?
I am a resident of the 50th Ward for 28 years; I guess I just don’t understand why someone would canvass for a candidate without knowing the facts about her or being able to answer a simple question about them. Here is an example. You ring a doorbell and a person asks why did Dolar recently get involved in the community when she supposedly lived here for 30 years?? This is a good question , which you should have the answer for. Seems you are trying to do as much research as you can on our existing alderman maybe you should research the candidate as well. For instance how many employees has she had under her? From my understanding she was in charge of herself !! How long has she served on the Local School Council? Again why did she join recently. Just to look good for her campaign??

 
At March 09, 2007 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems to me dolar doesn’t have much experience!! I see people have posted questions to this Willo9 who supports dolar and canvass for her but cant answer any questions. Maybe Willow9 needs to research her own candidate so she can put her money where her mouth is. Why would I vote for someone who Lies from the get go and her campaign manager has to change her literature later? Why would I vote for someone who has lived in the community for supposedly 30 years and just got involved in the community before announcing her run for alderman? Then complains about bad service. That’s pretty sad!!

 
At March 09, 2007 11:38 AM, Blogger Jay said...

Anonymous, I'm going to allow this comment one more time. Please don't repeat yourself again. You could at least re-phrase it in a different manner.

 
At March 09, 2007 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Jay
I am a little upset living in the ward all these years and now seeing all this hatred coming out in the community. I reposted because Willow9 seems to have all the scoop on the alderman but cant seem to answer one simple question on her own candidate which she is pushing for with no qualifications.

 
At March 09, 2007 12:48 PM, Anonymous willow9 said...

To: 55 y.o. male & 11:59 post,

You keep bringing up hatred but refuse to expand on what the hatred is based upon. I will guess and say that the only hatred is coming from you for me, since I've done my research on all the candidates from the beginning and have chosen the one that I am sure is the best one to run the 50th ward. As residents we ask "what has Stone done for us?" and different people have different answers for this. It is election time and now we ask " can Naisy Dolar do a better job?" My answer is yes, because i've done my research. Repeatedly asking me the same questions is like asking me to debate you, and I think we all know how absurd that would be.

 
At March 09, 2007 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WILLOW9
You evade a SIMPLE question??
Why would I vote for someone who has lived in the community for supposedly 30 years and just got involved in the community before announcing her run for alderman??
She complains about bad service but yet nerve got involved in community meetings?? This is not a debate just a question. As far as hate. From what I have seen you have slandered Stone and his family and not only left it there you criticize people’s grammar and education. How pitiful. It is unfortunate that some people lack the education that others have and you shouldn’t put them down for that. SHAME on you!! Lets see if you can answer this simple post without going into a hoopla…

 
At March 09, 2007 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Willow9 couldn’t debate her way out of a paper bag. NO facts on her Candidate to support any issues. LOL !! I see why Anonymous keeps asking her the same questions. Willow9 seems to be a big wheel for dolars camp. You know what big wheels do? They go around in circles!!

 
At March 09, 2007 3:19 PM, Anonymous willow9 said...

>Why would I vote for someone who has lived in the community for supposedly 30 years and just got involved in the community before announcing her run for alderman??

YOU wouldn't. YOU would vote for Stone. But if you were undecided and trying to make a future altering decision on April 17th I would tell you this:

Naisy has lived all but 7 years here in the community,(not that it matters to me, ten years of residency would have been good enough).

Naisy is young and energetic and seems to have her heart in the 50th ward.

Naisy is familiar with the workings of City Hall.

Naisy has diverse multicultural training and since she works with the Anti Defamation league, she represents a person who is familiar with racism and bullying and would never allow either to present itself from her office.

Naisy is endorsed by the following:
-Chicago Tribune
-Chicago Sun-Times
-Fraternal Order of Police
-Judge Abner Mikva(ret.)
-Tammy Duckworth
-Congressman Mike Honda(Ca)
(and many others who I would have to look up)

Naisy believes in being accountable for changes in our ward, transparency in our city government.

Local School Council(LSC) terms are for two years and elections take place in April. Naisy has served just under one year at Decatur Elementary as secretary. This is no small job either. As secretary she must attend monthly meetings, take minutes and copy them for the other coucil members and the principal. Those minutes must be approved and if revisions are needed, Naisy must make those changes.

I'll tell you what, I don't know how she does it all! She has more energy than I do, for sure.
I think you should ask any future questions you have(like that lengthy list prior) during the Boone School debate. ;)

 
At March 09, 2007 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hugh said...
> On top of that the level insults in this campaign is flat out of character for this ward.

Insult are an integral part of Stone's style.

Stone called fellow alderman Luis Guttierez a "little pipsqueak" on the floor of Council chambers.

Stone called his colleague Joe Moore "Robin Hood."

Stone called his constituent Greg Brewer a "schmuck."

Stone called a constituent who called his office with ward issues a "whiner."


Ok Let me refer Hugh to a posting you did on a Yahoo group that you moderate.

On 2/17/07 you posted part of the finanial disclosure records from some conributors to Alderman Stone. You pulled only Public Employees post the donation information and most of their contact information.

You then go on to say this is an illegal diversion of tax dallors to his campaign.

Hugh Everyone has a right to donate to whatever canidate they want including employees who work for goverment agencies. What you did not both to research or find out as it is any of your business that some of these people alo give to other canidates at local state and federal level and or political funds. Plus various charities.

No you just say they are part of an illegal plot.

That was a personal insults to some of those people and to their political rights.

Maybe you should post your whole name and contact information and who you have donated to.

So would you please do that for all of us to see

You did the same thing with other parts of donors records to Stone.

so yes who is thowning insults around.

This message was not paid for, endorsed or approved or dis approved by any canidate running for any office.

 
At March 09, 2007 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every blog entry accuse Stone or his supports of charge after charge. Never was one back up with evidence.

Like Stone's fraudulent Thillens claim...


Why not ask Stone, Terry O'Brien, Tim Mitchell, The Thillens family, the Tribune Company your self The Mayor Lincolnwood,

that 6 to 1

 
At March 09, 2007 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Willow9
Dolars endorsements have been posted several times which don’t mean much to me its, the qualifications and involvement in the community that really matter. Hearing her say BS bad service and not being involved in the community seems bad in itself. If a person were so worried about the community I would think they would have tried years ago to change things and get involved in the community. Someone probably put dolar up to running for this office otherwise again she would have been involved years before if she indeed was unhappy. As for the local school council she just got on board before announcing her run for election. Again why not get involved before if your concerned with our school system?? Nothing seems to fit the picture with dolar.

 
At March 09, 2007 4:03 PM, Anonymous willow9 said...

>people’s grammar and education. How pitiful. It is unfortunate that some people lack the education that others have and you shouldn’t put them down for that.

I did not put anyone down by suggesting they use spellcheck or a dictionary. It simply assists the reader in attempting to decipher what the poster is trying to convey. Public education is available to all citizens, some of us value it more than others.

 
At March 09, 2007 5:17 PM, Anonymous willow9 said...

>Anonymous said...
Willow9
Dolars endorsements have been posted several times which don’t mean much to me its, the qualifications and involvement in the community that really matter.

Her qualifications and involvement are the reasons for her endorsements.

>Nothing seems to fit the picture with dolar.

Not for you. You ask questions that you don't want to hear the answers to, because thats where nepotism leads you. That's o.k. there are plenty of residents that are not related to or benefitting from Stone, they simply want to know the truth before the election.

 
At March 09, 2007 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Willow9
I can say I am not close to Stone nor am I related to Stone but I can’t complain about the services our ward has received. As far as the statement I did not put anyone down by suggesting they use spell check or a dictionary. Here are your exact words. Your poor grammar. Did you even finish elementary school? How dare you ask someone that?? This is the downgrading I speak of. If people try to express themselves and don’t use proper grammar or misspell don’t criticize them. They may be less fortunate.

 
At March 09, 2007 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nepotism Again
Willow9 get over your personal vendetta with the Stone family or should I say liana. You are a hater. Dollar does not stand for that. Here is dolars statement.
I've dedicated my career to making sure that we live in a society free of hatred and intolerance.
You sure don’t follow what she stands for. Does dolar know the things your posting on these blogs??

 
At March 10, 2007 7:27 AM, Blogger Hugh said...

Stone has a documented history of using insults.

Stone supporters take their cue from Stone.

According to Stone supporters, supporters of candidates other than Stone are "hater" or "racists."

 
At March 10, 2007 7:39 AM, Blogger Hugh said...

> Everyone has a right to donate to whatever canidate (sic) they want

You have a right to donate. You do not have a right to donate in secret.

Illinois State Board of Elections Campaign Disclosure Contribution Search

If you don't like your personal information appearing in this database, don't donate.

If it's OK for you to donate, then it's OK for me and my neighbors to know about it and it's OK for me to post about it.

10 ILCS 5/9 Disclosure of Campaign Contributions and Expenditures

If you have an issue with our campaign disclosure laws your issue is not with me, take it up with your state rep and state senator. Tell them you think public employees should not have to disclose their political contributions.

> What you did not both to research or find out as it is any of your business that some of these people alo give to other canidates (sic) at local state and federal level and or political funds.

Interesting point. Why don't you look into that and write something up and post it?

Thanks!

 
At March 10, 2007 8:05 AM, Anonymous willow9 said...

>Did you even finish elementary school?
The topic at the time was for the Stoners to attack Naisy for being on an LSC of a school that was not on the top performing list. I proved them wrong. Why does which school Naisy serves on matter? You said you went way beyond elementary school and typing is not your strong suit, and yet it isn't your typing it's your spelling that makes it difficult to understand your point. It isn't about being "less fotunate" since public education is available to all citizens. When something is given to you and it's essentially free, take advantage of it or you could lose out. Kinda like the bike path.

>Willow9 get over your personal vendetta with the Stone family or should I say liana. You are a hater.


Here we go with the Ilana crap. Like I said before, get your own blog if you want to discuss her antics. Better yet why don't YOU get over it. If a strong dislike for Ilana labels me a hater in the Stone book...label me, baby.

 
At March 10, 2007 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hugh said...
> Everyone has a right to donate to whatever canidate (sic) they want

You have a right to donate. You do not have a right to donate in secret.

Illinois State Board of Elections Campaign Disclosure Contribution Search

If you don't like your personal information appearing in this database, don't donate.

If it's OK for you to donate, then it's OK for me and my neighbors to know about it and it's OK for me to post about


Yes it is alright for you to post it but it is not alright for you charge that it is an illegal diversion of tax dallors to Stone.

You are accusing me of something illegal and that is not alright. In fact I will look up and write something but how you may have slandered me.. Thanks for the idea. Hugh, If I due end up suing you and winning some money from you, I can use that money to make more donations to local and state and federal canidates.

 
At March 10, 2007 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hugh one more point,

I am not running for office nor do I ever plan to. I will defend my reputation and integrity to the maximum possible. However let me take you little charge and put it in a different light. So I buy my grocery at Jewel. So now that is an illegal diversion of public money to a private company. Or maybe the recent $ 100 donation I made to the Salvation Army is an illegal government support of religious programs? Or my just paid property taxes is an illegal diversion of tax dollars to another taxing body just because I work for a government agency?

Sorry Hugh, but by your logic, I can work very had at my job and some times long hours to earn a living but I just can’t spend the money. Next time why don’t you just list everyone or provide a link. I am not trying to hide anything. However I like every one else, must be free from false charges. Or better yet post the link and keep your slanders charges to your self.

 
At March 10, 2007 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HUGH--SPEND LESS TIME OBSESSING ABOUT STONE AND MORE TIME MAINTAINING YOUR PROPERTY---YOU ARE A BLIGHT ON THE BLOCK!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At March 10, 2007 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hugh is a blog polluter. one has to wonder what he did to feed his obsessive hatreds before the PC age? Responsible "MODERATION" would be to shut HUGH down by not posting him-he only ruins it for everyone!HUGH is a CYBER-PARASITE

 
At March 11, 2007 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just for fun, I sent Hugh post from his yahoo group and a few other of his many posts to a lawyer I know who is partner in mid size law firm. I am doing what he suggested in the way of researching to see if I have a case slander ot liable against him.

Freedom of speech does have limits such as you cant shout fire in a theater. As he ask I will report back...

 
At March 11, 2007 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whos the dumb blond on this blog!!

 
At March 11, 2007 10:03 AM, Anonymous hugh=terrorist! said...

Yes, let's get rid of Hugh! Why does he continue to research public records and waste our time by posting accurate information? This campaign has nothing to do with facts. It's about fear and suspicion. It's about loyalty. It's about taking care of one's friends and family. It's about supporting Israel. Doesn't Hugh understand that a vote against Stone is a vote for the terrorists? ... Sorry, I got a little carried away there. We all know Stone is stuck in the seventies. He hasn't caught up with the current vogue for terrorist rhetoric. But if we give him another term, I'm sure he'll get there eventually. Go Berny!

 
At March 11, 2007 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Dumb blond would be Willow9

 
At March 11, 2007 2:45 PM, Blogger Hugh said...

Jay,

Some of your readers may be interested in learning more about taxpayer salaries funding the re-election of the Stone-Feketitsch ticket. Here are some links.

Chicago Reporter COVER STORY: CASH AND THE CITY

City Employees for Stone-Feketitsch

More City Employees for Stone-Feketitsch

Yet More Money from City Employees to Stone-Feketitsch

Thanks!

 
At March 11, 2007 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a Stone Election not a Fektitsch election. You lead the voters in a different direction because thats what you want them to believe.

 
At March 11, 2007 3:27 PM, Anonymous willow9 said...

Hugh, I'm guessing that you were not intimidated by the specter of slander and libel. The posts were very informative, thanks.

 
At March 11, 2007 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since Bernie can't seem to tell us the truth, we can't know if this is about Ilana or not. Better safe than sorry, I say. I'd assume that Stone leaves the scene (and state) as soon as he can turn the office over to his daughter.

 
At March 11, 2007 4:11 PM, Anonymous willow9 said...

>Anonymous said...
HUGH--SPEND LESS TIME OBSESSING ABOUT STONE AND MORE TIME MAINTAINING YOUR PROPERTY---YOU ARE A BLIGHT ON THE BLOCK!!!!!!!!!!!

March 10, 2007 8:09 PM

I'll bet you could qualify for some good ol' 50th ward TIF's, you blight you!

 
At March 11, 2007 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont see that happening any time soon !!

 
At March 11, 2007 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

based on the person who posted what Hugh House current condions someone might want to call 311. Sound like there could be some local law violations.

Also Willow9,

What I said was no threat, However Hugh latest post is more appropriate leaving out the specter of slander and libel commentary. I will be interested in what the lawyer say. One great thing about the internet every post Hugh has ever made can be found and documented to see if there are any patterns.

 
At March 11, 2007 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, we're all interested in hearing from your lawyer. Political speech is protected by the Constitution. Have you heard of the Constitution? In addition, the standards for proving libel are quite high, and no one believes that Hugh intended to malign you or anyone else. If you had a counter-argument, I'm sure you would have tried that first. That you resort to blackmail proves the weakness of your argument.

OTOH, we all understand your blatant attempt at intimidation and the inferred threat to shut down the blog. That you don't believe in the Freedom of Speech or the First Amendment is the most obvious thing to emerge from your meanderings.

 
At March 11, 2007 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
Yeah, we're all interested in hearing from your lawyer. Political speech is protected by the Constitution. Have you heard of the Constitution? In addition, the standards for proving libel are quite high, and no one believes that Hugh intended to malign you or anyone else. If you had a counter-argument, I'm sure you would have tried that first. That you resort to blackmail proves the weakness of your argument.

OTOH, we all understand your blatant attempt at intimidation and the inferred threat to shut down the blog. That you don't believe in the Freedom of Speech or the First Amendment is the most obvious thing to emerge from your meanderings.

No I dont want the blog to shut down and I dso understand Freedom of speech. But to call how I donate my money an illegal diversion of tax payers dallors is what I am offended by.

However I see that Hugh like doing that with many people on a number ob blogs. Well I am not going to take it.

His latest post here is fine with me. In fact if he had use the same language in the first place I would not have an issue.

 
At March 11, 2007 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It doesn’t matter who donates to which campaign or who they work for as long as the donations are reported. Anyone can see the donations. The board of elections has it posted for public knowledge. You may post all you want. The problem is why don’t we see any dolar donations posted here. Oh I know because the people from Stones campaign don’t stoop that low!! Frankly I dont give a Shi_.!! I guess you can fill in the blank.

 
At March 13, 2007 12:07 AM, Anonymous anonymost said...

Hugh's campaign contributions posts are not slander. Any judge who sees those posts would throw the case out of court and chastise you for wasting his time. I am a lawyer who is familiar with slander law.

"Hearing her say BS bad service and not being involved in the community seems bad in itself. If a person were so worried about the community I would think they would have tried years ago to change things and get involved in the community."

Wow, talk about bulletproof argument. Not because it's so tough, but because it's just hot air. Dolar is in line to be the youngest alderman on the council - that's not getting involved soon enough for you? "Years ago" she was starting a career and her involvement in city government. It is now that career and involvement that makes her qualified to understand how much better the job could be done. This is all relatively recent.

I think you have Dolar confused with Stone - Stone is the one who should have done much more to change things and get involved in the community years ago. Why aren't you blaming him for his lack of involvement in the community? Why don't you enumerate for us all the things Stone has done for the ward?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home